Friday, October 15, 2010

IMPORTANT!

Hello, hello!

Now that I have been doing this blogging thing for a few months, I feel like I've gotten to know what I want out of my blogging.  Originally, I had just decided to use blogger as a private diary of sorts where I would talk to "invisible" people that really didn't exist just so I could clear my thoughts.  But then a funny thing happened.  People started reading my blog and I *liked* it.  I gained new friends from across the country that I would've never found otherwise.  I found an amazing amount of motivation in a place I hadn't expected.  Since when is the internet nice to heavy girls?

When I created the domain name, I was overwhelmed with how many fitness blog names were taken.  Did anyone else have this problem?  Either way, I just wanted to make a quick blog and figured since no one was reading it it wouldn't matter what the title was.

Flash forward to today.

I'm unhappy with my current domain.  I like it, but I don't love it.  I want a domain name that I feel fits me, so I have moved my blog to Bringin' Becky Back.  In this journey I am bringing my old self back--my old weight, my happiness level, etc.  I look back at the girl from 2004 and she was happy, healthy, outgoing, adventurous, and secure with herself.  I would like to bring her back, and I would like you to come along for the journey.

Please update your blogrolls and come follow me on the new site.  I do not want to lose ANY of my readers!  You have no idea how much you  mean to me!  :)

So please follow me over to the new site (especially because I have no idea how to redirect yet!).


And any advice you have to offer on moving to new blogger sites would be appreciated!  :)

2 comments:

  1. First, I got your email and I will write you back shortly.

    Second, I think if you go to settings, and then under basic you can import or export. But I don't have experince with that since I bought my domain and blogger transfered it for me.

    See ya on the flip side! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol… nice post… about that domain part, it is really important. You can use a domain to brand yourself and get more traffic to your blog actually. When you're done with it, you can sell your domain off for a lot of money depending on your traffic. There's people selling off at average of USD1-3k… initial start for a domain is quite cheap nowadays, let's take it for an example… new domains cost so cheap nowadays. If you really wanna get one, you can refer to http://exabytes.com.my/services/domain/ for more information.

    ReplyDelete